Martyn has worked extensively as a Lecturer, Performance Tutor and Outreach practitioner for the last decade working regularly within a wide range of environments from Drama School training, Outreach and Learning, Youth Theatre, schools and education work.
As of September 2017 Martyn has been working as the Acting Course Co-ordinator at CDET Accredited MGA Academy in Edinburgh and lecturing across the Acting and Musical Theatre Programmes in Acting with Text, Physical Theatre, Clowning, Devised Theatre,Voice and Accent work.
Currently also undertaking an MEd with the Royal Conservatoire of Scotland.
- 2017/18, Lecturer/3year Acting Course Co-ordinator , MGA Academy
- 2016/2017, Regular Lecturer, MGA Academy, HNC/HND Acting Courses
- 2017, Programme Co-ordinator, Cashback to the Future, , Impact Arts/National Museum of Scotland
- 2015/2017, Regular Tutor, Short Courses/Junior Conservatoire Musical Theatre, Royal Conservatoire Scotland
- 2017, Programme Co-Ordinator, Cashback to the Future Edinburgh, Impact Arts
- 2016, Guest Lecturer, Glasgow Kelvin College, Musical Theatre Courses
- 2010-2016, Venue Director/Cast Workshop Facilitator, Shakespeare Schools Festival
- 2007, 2008, 2016-2017, Regular Tutor, Scottish Youth Theatre
- 2009, 2010, 2015/16, Performance Tutor, Gallery 37/Representing Dennistoun, Impact Arts
- 2010-2015 Workshop Leader, Old Vic New Voices Schools Club (Various Projects 2010, 2013, 2015)
- 2011, Workshop Director, Playing with Shakespeare, Love:Drama
- 2011, Workshop Leader, Almeida Theatre Schools Projects, Almeida Theatre
- 2010, Workshop Director, Comedy Workshops, Love: Drama
- 2010, Workshop Leader, Almeida Theatre Schools Projects, Almeida Theatre
- 2008, Performance Tutor, Creative Pathways, Impact Arts
- 2008, Drama Workshop Leader, Step Programme/Impact Arts
- 2007, Workshop Leader, Weekly Classes, Scottish Youth Theatre
- 2004-06, Performance Tutor, Young Peoples Workshops, East 15